Panjab Radio Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PROMOTIONS
These are the terms and conditions which apply to any competition, prize draw or promotion which we or our promotion partners may run, whether on our or their websites, social media platforms, on-air or otherwise (herein ‘Promotion’).
In these terms and conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘Promoter’ all mean Panjab Radio Ltd (registered company: 04017199). The Promoter’s address is Unit 13 Hexagon Business Centre, Springfield Road, Hayes, UB4 0TH. Our ‘promotion partners’ are third parties who operate promotions with us or on our behalf.
- Each Promotion will also have its own specific terms and conditions explaining how to enter, what the opening/closing dates are, what the Competition winner’s prize will be etc. These “Specific Terms” will be broadcast on air.
- You should always read these General Terms together with the Specific Terms. If any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
- We may change these General Terms at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
- By entering any Promotion, you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and the applicable Specific Terms.
- Specific Rules might include entry instructions and any other specific details, rules or conditions relating to a particular Promotion, and might be published on our or our promotion partners’ website, social media platforms, or may be found in any other media which features a Promotion. The Specific Rules will usually (but may not always) refer to these terms and conditions.
START AND END DATE/TIME
- Each Promotion will start immediately (i.e. as soon as it is first promoted), unless a later start date/time is specified. The closing date/time for a Promotion will be made clear in the Specific Rules or the relevant promotional materials. All times will be based on UK time.
ENTERING A PROMOTION
- Each Promotion will be open to individuals who are UK or Isle of Man residents and aged 18 or over unless the Specific Rules or other promotional materials or announcements specify a different geographic region or a different minimum age.
- In any event, our employees, agencies, freelancers, contractors (and those of any of our promotion partners, associated companies or prize providers) and their immediate family members or households (whether related or not), and anyone else professionally involved with the relevant Promotion, are excluded from entering and from winning (‘Excluded Individual(s)’).
- To enter, follow the entry process for the relevant Promotion, which will usually be explained in the Specific Rules and/or promotional materials or announcements. Entries received outside of the opening and closing times of the Promotion will not be accepted but may still be charged (where there is a cost to enter).
- Certain Promotions may have additional eligibility requirements such as valid passports, visas, driving licences, good physical health etc. All eligibility requirements will be detailed in the applicable Specific Terms
- You may only make a maximum of one entry into each Promotion (unless the Specific Rules for a particular Promotion expressly set a higher maximum number of entries for that Promotion).
- If you are ineligible to take part in the Promotion (e.g., because of age restrictions), your entry cannot be transferred to anyone else. Another entrant will be selected from the pool of entries in accordance with the Promotion’s Specific Rules.
- There is no charge to enter a Promotion unless stated otherwise. However, if entry is made via text message, MMS or telephone call, your network provider will usually charge according to their standard rate or deduct it from your allowance. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
- Participation in some of our Promotions may be charged at premium rate; please refer to the on-air or online messages for details.
- We accept no responsibility for entries that haven’t reached us – for example, postal, telephone, text message, online or social media entries not received as a result of network incompatibility, technical faults or for any other reason.
- If entry involves a live call in, or if the entry instructions in the Specific Rules require it, ensure you answer your telephone when we phone you. If you fail to do so, or if the call goes to voicemail, or if the call becomes disconnected or you are not audible for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to; low/no signal on your device, because you are driving or otherwise unable to safely take the call, or a call being dropped by any network, etc.) before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion.
- In all Promotions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry.
WINNER SELECTION/ NOTIFICATION
- For each Promotion, there will be only one grand prize winner unless otherwise specified.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Specific Rules:
- In the case of a prize draw, winner(s) will be selected at random. This will be done by an automated process or a process which will be conducted or supervised by an independent person, or as otherwise mentioned in the Specific Rules.
- In the case of a competition, where appropriate winner(s) will either be selected by (a) an independent judge or (b) a panel of judges which includes at least one independent judge.
- If you win a prize, we will generally notify you (telephone or email)on the same day but no later than twenty-eight (28) daysof the end date of the Promotion.
- The prize or prizes will be as described in the relevant Specific Rules. Imagery may be for illustrative purposes only, and colours and other minor details may vary.
- Each prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. Unless stated otherwise in the Promotion’s Specific Rules, the prize will only be fulfilled to the winning entrant. This means, for example, for a holiday prize at least one of the travelling parties must be the winner. We will not be able to transfer or deliver prizes to anyone else, including family members or other Promotion entrants, at the winner’s request.
- If we consider it necessary or appropriate, a prize or prizes (or part thereof) might be varied or swapped for a suitable alternative which will be decided in our sole discretion.
- If you fail to claim the prize within the time-limit or fail to comply with any other instructions or time-limits notified to you or provide us with incorrect or fraudulent information, you will forfeit your right to the prize. We will then select an alternative winner. You may need proof of your ID, age, telephone number and/or address to claim a prize.
- Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK. Should a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant Promotion.
- You will not be entitled to receive a prize which, for any reason, you would be prohibited by law from purchasing, using, owning or possessing.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, promotions or prizes.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of a prize where applicable. For example, where the Prize contains ticket(s) to an event, you and any guest or travel companion will not only be bound by these terms and conditions and the relevant Specific Rules, but also the event organiser and venue owner’s rules and any terms and conditions set out on the ticket.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules, you may not win more than one prize per Promotion and we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent prize.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- Prizes involving a holiday are subject to availability and must be taken in accordance with all requirements specified by us, such as dates, destinations, carriers and number of passengers. Blackout periods may apply, including public holidays either in the UK or the destination country.
- Unless the Specific Rules state otherwise, you will be responsible for all ancillary expenses to the prize which aren’t expressly included (i.e., food/drink) and you will remain liable for such costs if applicable.
- You will be responsible for any immunisation and other health or visa requirements for your holiday destination.
- You must hold a valid passport, which will not expire within 6 months after the last day of the holiday, without any visa restrictions. Some countries may deny entry if you have a criminal conviction or if you have previously been denied entry (or other reasons). Passport control and in-country authorities reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, we will not be held responsible for that or for any costs, expenses or losses incurred by you or your travel companion(s), which will be your sole responsibility. If you are not able to travel, your travel companion(s) may also be denied access to the holiday/Holiday Prize.
- All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the end date of the Promotion (unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules of agreed with us).
- Holiday Prizes are not available to persons under the age of 18 unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules. If permitted to travel, children under 18 years may only do so if accompanied by a parent or guardian (or, if we agree on a case-by-case basis, another responsible adult) aged 18 or over.
- If insurance is offered as part of the prize, the Specific Rules will provide details of any travel insurance policy, or we may provide these to you separately. Where no insurance is expressly offered, or you do not consider the insurance to be adequate for your needs, you are responsible for obtaining adequate travel insurance.
- You must comply with all lawful instructions and terms and conditions, including health and safety requirements and instructions, of the Promoter, prize provider, the airline and other carriers, organizers, venues, partners and providers involved in the Promotion and/ or the prize.
- We (including the promotion partners) willtry to provide the prize as described. Occasionally, circumstances beyond our reasonable control might make this difficult or impossible. For example, if a prize involves a meet and greet with a celebrity, they may be unwell or their commitments may change, or if the prize involves travel or tickets to an event, weather conditions or other circumstances might mean that plans are disrupted, postponed or cancelled. When we can’t deliver a prize as described, we will always do our best to provide you with an alternative which we consider to be a reasonable replacement in all the circumstances.
- All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated.
- We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
PUBLICITY AND IDENTITY OF WINNERS
- If you win a prize, you (and your guest or travel companion if applicable) may be required to take part in reasonable publicity.
- You must not publicise your involvement in the Promotion (including giving interviews) unless otherwise stated with our prior written consent.
- We and the prize provider may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, and your entry, and we may refer to your and your guest’s or travel companion’s association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes.
- We may film, photograph and/or record you and your companion(s) in connection with the Promotion and we may use such film, recording and/or photograph(s) for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media in perpetuity.
USE OF YOUR ENTRY
- By entering a Promotion or submitting a video, image, audio file or any other materials in relation to a Promotion (including as part of the entry process or as part of a prize) or if you tag or mention us directly or indirectly in any photo, video or content in connection with the Promotion, you agree that we can publicise and use that media or content (with or without any accompanying comments and information like your handle and profile pic). You agree that we can do that via the same platform(s) that you posted or shared the photo, video or content, as well as via other social networks and platforms that we use, and on our websites. However, we will never sell or charge anyone for copies of your photos, videos or other content.
- By entering a Promotion or submitting a video, image, audio file or any other materials in relation to a Promotion or prize you are granting us a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights (e.g., copyright) in any or all of them.
- You warrant and undertake (i.e., guarantee), that:
- you own and control all of the rights in your entry, and you have the right to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions and any Specific Rules.
- your entry is personal and related specifically to you (e.g., if you are required to tell a story for your entry, it must be truthful and it must be about you – unless stated otherwise in the Specific Rules).
- you have obtained written consent from anyone featured or mentioned in your entry, and your entry (and our and any third party’s use of it) does not and will not infringe the rights of any individual or business (including any intellectual property rights, moral rights, right to privacy, confidentiality, etc.); iv) your entry does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- your entry does not contain anything which is indecent, untrue, defamatory, unlawful, hateful, threatening, demeaning, inappropriate, obscene, malicious or which is in contempt of court.
- your entry will not cause any kind of harm or damage and does not (to the best of your knowledge or belief) contain any virus, malware, spyware or similar.
- All rights relating to the Promotion (including the name, title and format) are owned by the Promoter.
- You will sign such document as we reasonably request, at no cost to us, to confirm any or all the above.
- Unless otherwise stated, your entry will not be returned to you.
- Your personal data, and the personal data of any guest or companion, will be collected and processed by us and the promotional partners named in the Specific Rules, as well as the prize providers, in order to administer this Prize Draw.
- We will also use entrants’ personal data for marketing purposes where consent has been provided. Personal data may be transferred and processed outside of the EEA.
- Your entry or participation in Promotion and/or Prize is at your own risk.
- If we consider that you or your entry are in breach of these terms and conditions, or if we have grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanship conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating a Promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry), without limiting the options available to us, we reserve the right in our sole discretion (and without us incurring any liability) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person we reasonably believe to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. If you are disqualified prizes may be withheld or withdrawn. You will not be compensated and you may be required to pay any costs incurred. Another entrant or winner may be selected at our discretion to take part in the Promotion and win the prize.
- These terms and conditions do not limit or exclude our (or any third party’s) liability arising from fraud or from death or personal injury caused by negligence or any other type of liability which may not be limited or excluded by law, to the fullest extent permissible by law, we (and the promotion partners and any providers of a prize) (a) shall have no liability in relation to any act or omission of any third party and (b) exclude all liability to you and anyone else for any indirect loss, damage or harm of any kind arising from or in connection with the Promotions and prizes and your use or enjoyment of them.
- In no event will our and/or the promotion partners’ total aggregate liability to you exceed the cost of the prize.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in the Specific Rules, the Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. You hereby release all such social media platforms from any liability. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter only, and NOT to any social media platform.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any Promotion, Specific Rules and/or these terms and conditions if we consider it necessary or appropriate to do so for reasons beyond our reasonable control or if there has been a broadcasting or printing error, etc. Any changes will be posted here and/or on our website.
- When entering a Promotion or claiming a prize you must use your legal name. You may be required to provide us with proof of your identity, address and eligibility on request. Failure to provide adequate information (or to adequately prove eligibility) may result in your disqualification and/or withholding or withdrawal of a prize.
- Unless the Specific Rules state otherwise you can only enter each Promotion once. Even where multiple entries are permitted, we will not tolerate any attempts to excessively manipulate the outcome in any of our Promotions. No bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate or other group entries will be accepted. You may not use multiple devices (e.g., mobile phones) to enter any Promotion either as an individual or as a group or syndicate. We will disqualify any entries which, in our reasonable opinion, appear to have used any of these entry methods – this may include entries from the same IP address, telephone number, or similar. You may not enter a Promotion if you have been given the answer(s) or any other relevant information in relation to the Promotion, directly or indirectly by any Excluded Individual.
- For Promotions involving online voting, only one vote for each valid email address will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant making, or attempting to make, multiple votes, and to disregard any votes which we, in our sole discretion but acting reasonably, consider to be suspicious, fraudulent or attempting to excessively manipulate the outcome of the vote.
- You agree to keep confidential any information which you know or reasonably ought to know is confidential and which relates to us, our business, the Promotion or prize.
- If Specific Rules contain a rule which directly contradicts these terms and conditions, to the extent of that contradiction the Specific Rules will override these terms and conditions for that Promotion. Otherwise, these terms and conditions will continue to apply in their entirety.
- In these terms and conditions, any Specific Rules and promotional materials, examples are given to help illustrate some terms, they are not exhaustive and do not limit those terms in any way.
- In the event of any dispute, our and any judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- So that we can ensure the fairness of our Promotions, we reserve the right to prevent you, at our discretion, from entering any of the Promotions for a period of six months (“Exclusion Period”) if you have either (A) won a prize valued at £1,000 or above, or (B) won more than one prize during the previous six months. If we choose to exercise this right, we will notify you in writing. If you continue to enter any Promotion during the Exclusion Period, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to disregard your entry, remove prizes and impose a further exclusion period of twelve months from the date of your last entry attempt. Entry fees (if any) will not be refunded. We reserve the right to disqualify your mobile phone number from future Promotions during this Exclusion Period.
- If you breach these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify you from a Promotion and/or withhold or withdraw a prize. You will not be compensated and you may be required to pay any costs incurred. Another entrant or winner will be selected to take part in the Promotion and win the prize.
- These terms and conditions, together with the relevant Specific Rules, represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the Promotion and the prize. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the terms and conditions or any Specific Rules does not affect the remainder of these terms and conditions or any Specific Rules, which will remain in full force and effect. These terms and conditions and the Specific Rules do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any third party.
- The Promotion, and these terms and conditions, are governed by UK law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
- It is a condition of entry to all our Promotions that we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the first name and hometown of Promotion winners.
- Entrants’ consent to their entries to radio Promotionsbeing read out on air and/or to their conversations with our presenters being broadcast on air and communicated to the public.
TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
The Promoter may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Promotion at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. Panjab Radio will not award the prize if the Promotion is terminated.